Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Free Bird's Eye Recipe Ready at Walmart + Recipe for Cheese Steak Crescent Braid!

There is a coupon out for $1.00 off of any one Bird's Eye Recipe Ready product!  You can find these at Walmart in the freezer section, and they vary in price, but the peppers and onions are $1.00 each.  With this coupon from Bird's Eye, it will work out to be free!  Plus, you can print the coupon more than once! 

With the Recipe Ready peppers and onions, you can make this delicious recipe from Pillsbury for Cheese Steak Crescent Braids.  As an added bonus, you can get a $0.40 off two Pillsbury crescent rolls coupon from coupons.com, which at Giant Eagle, will double!

Here is how this recipe turned out for me:


First off, I decided to use Roast Beef lunch meat instead of the sandwich steaks. I got this lunch meat at Aldi. 

 

 In went the peppers and onions! At first, I was nervous because when I took the package out of the freezer, it was smaller than I remembered and I was worried it wouldn't be enough; don't worry, I was wrong! There was plenty of filling by the time I was done...this just happens to be a large skillet! Also, I used olive oil instead of butter.


Because I decided to go with roast beef lunch meat instead of sandwich steaks, I didn't need to cook it, so I just sliced it up...



...and put it in the skillet!  I realize you don't technically have to do this since the lunch meat is already fully cooked, and it's just going in the oven anyway, but I figured it would be a good way to mix it all together.
 
 
So I added some steak seasoning and mixed all the ingredients up.
 
 
Then I put it in the crescent dough (and had filling leftover...which will conveniently fit on some hotdog buns I need to use up) and braided it.  A piece of advice, make sure you work quickly with the braiding of the dough - once the filling is in the dough it starts to get extra soft, making it harder to work with. Also, I only made one because it was just me and Hubby, but if you have a larger family, the peppers and onions coupon prints twice so you can make two! 


Tada! Finished product!  You may be wondering about the cheese slices on top.  Well, I, being a dummy, totally forgot to put CHEESE in the CHEESE steak.  What's wrong with me?  I remembered once it was in the oven, partially baked, and there was no opening it up to put cheese in.  I just slapped a couple of slices of provolone on top, which actually worked out pretty nicely!
 
Hope you enjoy!

 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment