Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Sparkle $0.99 Sale + Apple Juice Chicken Recipe!

First things first.  If you live near a Sparkle Market, go.  Go now! Run! They are having their $0.99 sale on a bunch of stuff, including chicken thighs and drumsticks, apple juice, Lunchables, Progresso Soup, and more! This sale goes through September 11, so hurry, hurry, hurry!

 
I got all this at Sparkle for $10.98. $10.98! I got Apple Juice ($0.99), Texas Toast ($0.99), Chicken Drumsticks ($2.55 @ $0.99/lb), two cake mixes (select varieties for $0.99 each), Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls (not pictured; $0.99), and four Powerades ($0.59 - Hubby snatched one before I could get the picture taken!)!
 
 
Now, what can you make with these things? Well, with just some chicken, apple juice and spices, you can make yummy 3 Ingredient Apple Juice Chicken from Oatmeal with a Fork!  That's it-just three ingredients! Here's how it went for me:
 
 
First, let me say this recipe is EASY! Like stupid easy, in a good way.  The first step was to heat 1 1/2 cups of apple juice in a skillet over medium heat.
 
 
Easy peasy. 
 
 
Next, I put the chicken in the skillet.  The recipe calls for Chicken Thighs, but the drumsticks worked just fine (I also left the skin on, which was fine, too.  It's really a preference thing).
 
 
Then I put some spices on the chicken.  I actually used fajita seasoning, which worked out nicely.  Then I brought the pan to a boil and quickly back down to a simmer.
 
 
Then you just cook it for 40-45 minutes, turning every 10-15 minutes until it's done.  This picture is part way through cooking.
 
 
I did end up covering the pan in the last 5 minutes or so, just to speed up the cooking process a little.  After I covered it, the chicken finished cooking REALLY fast!
 
 
This is the finished product!  The apple juice gave it such a nice color, and there was a good balance between the sweet apple juice and the spice of the fajita seasoning. Delish!
 
Enjoy!
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment